People’s Credit Union is committed to continually improving the products and services we offer to our members. As part of that strategy, we are moving to a new ATM and debit processing partner on Monday, September 21. We have summarized below several of the benefits that you will enjoy.
Our enhanced fraud monitoring and notification system is designed to give you an added level of security and protection when using your debit card.
While the new card validation system is learning your individual behaviors, you may receive alerts regarding what appear to be suspicious transactions:
- You will first receive an email alerting you to the suspicious transaction with instructions on how to confirm the validity of the transaction. Please call the telephone number provided in the email, enter the Case Identification Number when prompted and then answer the subsequent prompts as applicable.
- If you do not respond to the email, within minutes you will receive a follow-up text Please reply “Yes” if the transaction was valid and “No” if you do not recognize it.
- If you do not reply to the text, the fraud monitoring system will call the phone number we have on file for your card. You will then be directed to confirm or deny the validity of the transaction.
We have also made enhancements to the “Card Services” section of our mobile app. The new service, called “Card Valet”, can be found in the myMobile menu under “Card Controls”. Here you will find several new features. The card alerts you currently have in place will need to be recreated within Card Valet when it becomes available on Tuesday, September 22. More detailed information on how to reestablish your alerts can be found here (link to web page).
As part of this transition, People’s Credit Union ATMs will undergo some required
maintenance. The maintenance is being done on a staggered basis, so only one ATM will be impacted at a time. The specific schedule is available on our website (include URL to list of machines and days). We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause.
Some phone numbers will be changing beginning on Monday, September 21st:
- To report fraudulent activity on your card, please call 800.498.8930
- To activate your new card, please call 1-800-992-3808
We are excited to be providing you with these enhancements. If you have any questions, please call your local branch or the Member Service Center at 800.498.8930 for assistance.
Thank you for being a member of People’s Credit Union.