Why does my DBA/Sole Proprietor business need a Trade Name Certificate from the town hall?

A Trade Name Certificate is required for the purpose of identifying those individuals doing business in a required state. All businesses are required by Rhode Island State Law to register their trade name in the Town Clerk’s Office. Forms are available at the town hall during regular business hours.

Post navigation