How Can We Help?

Common Insurance/Member NCUA Questions:

What can we help you with today?

  • Visit the NCUA WEBSITE for information about share insurance coverage.
  • Check out THIS BROCHURE that details how your accounts are federally insured at a credit union.
  • Read THIS ARTICLE from The Balance on whether credit unions are a safe place to keep your money.

Yes! The NCUA has a free tool—their Share Insurance Estimator—which helps you see how your deposits are covered. You can find it at

Look for the NCUA insurance sign. All federally-insured credit unions must prominently display this logo in their branches and on their website. And credit unions cannot end their federal insurance agreement without first notifying their members. | Learn more.

The amount of protection offered by the NCUA and FDIC are the same. Each offers the same coverage for share, share draft (checking), share certificates, and money market accounts. Neither agency covers losses on money invested in stocks, bonds, mutual funds, life insurance policies, or annuities offered by affiliated entities.

According to the NCUA, “The National Credit Union Administration, commonly referred to as NCUA, is an independent agency of the United States government that regulates, charters and supervises federal credit unions. NCUA also operates and manages the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF). Backed by the full faith and credit of the U.S. government, the NCUSIF insures the accounts of millions of account holders in all federal credit unions and the vast majority of state-chartered credit unions.”

Yes, at People’s Credit Union your deposits are insured. Federally chartered credit unions are regulated by the National Credit Union Administration and insured by the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF), which is backed by the full faith and credit of the United States government. Established by Congress in 1970 to insure member share accounts at federally insured credit unions, NCUSIF is similar to deposit insurance coverage provided by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. For more information on how your deposits are insured please visit