There are little things that you can look for that may indicate you have been targeted by fraudsters. If you notice any of these signs, scan your computer for viruses or malware and check your account for fraudulent activity.
- Unauthorized logins to your online banking account
- Unusually small transactions posting to your accounts that you do not recognize
- Computer running slowly or dramatic loss of computer speed
- Changes in the look of your computer screen or internet pages
- Unexpected computer reboot
- Unexpected request to enter a one-time password or other information during a session
- New or unexpected toolbars or icons
- Inability to shut down or restart the computer
- Unusual pop-up messages
- Inability to login to online banking sites
- Internet pages redirected to unusual or unexpected sites
People’s Credit Union will never ask you to send confidential information to us via email, such as your login ID, password, account numbers, or Social Security number. If you receive any such request, DO NOT respond to it. Please notify us immediately at 800.498.8930. However, in order to establish or maintain financial services offered by People’s Credit Union, we may request confidential information through secure contact email or protected online applications. We will safeguard any information you share with us using security measures that comply with federal and state laws to ensure protections against unauthorized access.
If you notice any unauthorized activity in your People’s Credit Union accounts, including activities in myBanking™ or myMobile™, please notify us immediately at 800.498.8930.