Sweepstakes Official Terms and Conditions
SAMSUNG 43-inch Crystal 4K Smart TV with Alexa Official Terms & Conditions
People’s Credit Union (“Sponsor”) is sponsoring a new account promotion for a SAMSUNG 43-inch Class Crystal 4K Smart TV with Alexa (referred to herein as the “Sweepstakes”). Unless specifically noted otherwise by Sponsor, these terms and conditions shall serve as the “Official Terms and Conditions” for the Sweepstakes. The terms “you,” “your,” and “participant(s),” all refer to the person entering and/or participating in the Sweepstakes.
SWEEPSTAKES IS VALID ONLY IN THE STATE OF RHODE ISLAND, UNITED STATES; VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. SWEEPSTAKES DATES: The Sweepstakes will begin at 12:00 a.m. (EST) on September 8, 2020 and end at 11:59 p.m. (EST) on October 12, 2020 (“Sweepstakes Period”). The Sponsor’s clock will be the official time keeper for the Sweepstakes.
2. SPONSOR AND PROMOTER: People’s Credit Union, with its primary office location at 858 West Main Rd., Middletown, RI, 02842, is the sponsor and promoter of the Sweepstakes. Samsung is not a sponsor of the sweepstakes and is not affiliated with this sweepstakes. The Sponsor may terminate, extend, suspend or alter the Sweepstakes at any time in its sole discretion.
3. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is held in Rhode Island and is open only to legal Rhode Island, Massachusetts, and Connecticut residents who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of date of entry. Employees, Board members, and Officers of Sponsor and any members of their immediate family are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. For purposes of the Sweepstakes, the term “immediate family” includes a person’s spouse, parents and grandparents, children and grandchildren, brothers and sisters, mother in law and father in law, brothers in law and sisters in law, daughters in law and sons in law, and those persons living in the same household of such persons. Adopted, half, and step members are also included in immediate family.
HOW TO ENTER: A person(s) that opens a checking account with a minimum deposit of $25.00 at one of the following branches or online by visiting www.peoplescu.com during the Sweepstakes Period (a “participant”) may elect to enter into a drawing to win SAMSUNG 43-inch Class Crystal 4K Smart TV with Alexa. Online accounts will be assigned to a Sponsor branch located closest to the participant’s address provided in the online application process. A participant is not eligible to win the grand prize if he or she was a winner of a People’s Credit Union Sweepstakes promotion in the 24 months immediately preceding the Sweepstakes Period.
• 858 West Main Rd., Middletown, RI 02842
• 50 Gooding Ave., Bristol, RI 02809
• 43 Memorial Blvd. Newport, RI, 02840
• 2537 East Main Rd, Portsmouth, RI 02871
5. LIMIT AND ENTRY FREQUENCY: Only one (1) entry per participant is permitted. A joint account will be counted as one (1) participant and only one (1) entry for a joint account is permitted. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than one (1) entry, regardless of means, will void that participant’s entries and that participant shall be disqualified. Illegible and incomplete entries are void.
6. WINNER SELECTION & NOTIFICATION: One winner per branch (for a total of four (4) winners) will be selected based on all entries at each branch location via a random drawing held on October 26, 2020 (the “Selection Date”). Each winner will be eligible to receive one (1) SAMSUNG 43-inch Class Crystal 4K Smart TV with Alexa. One name will be selected from all entries at each branch. Each winner (a “Winner”) will be notified via telephone no later than thirty (30) calendar days following the Selection Date. If a Winner does not respond to Sponsor’s first attempted contact within forty-eight (48) hours, he or she will be disqualified. In the event that a Winner is disqualified for any reason, the Sponsor will award the grand prize to an alternative winner as determined by a random drawing from the remaining eligible entries for that branch and the person drawn in such drawing shall be deemed the Winner for that branch. A Winner may be asked to provide confirmation as to identity and eligibility. Further, a Winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, Publicity Release (where legally permissible), and/or provide other personal or tax information. If requested by the Sponsor, a Winner will have seven (7) business days to provide all such information and to execute such documents. A Winner must not have been a winner of a People’s Credit Union Sweepstakes promotion in the past 24 months. The failure to comply with the foregoing requirements may cause a Winner to forfeit the prize and, in such event, Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate winner. All decisions of the Sponsor as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of Winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
7. GRAND PRIZE: SAMSUNG 43-inch Class Crystal 4K Smart TV with Alexa. The verifiable retail value of the prize is $347.99. The prize may not be substituted, transferred or assigned, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. The grand prize includes only what is specified in the aforementioned description. The grand prize is awarded “AS IS.” A Winner must pick up the grand prize from People’s Credit Union during normal business hours within thirty (30) days of being notified by Sponsor that the prize is available for pickup and the branch at which the grand prize may be picked up. A Winner is solely responsible for picking up the grand prize and failure to pick up the grand prize within thirty (30) days from the date the Winner was notified that the prize was available to be picked up will result in the forfeiture of the grand prize by the Winner.
8. ODDS: A total of one grand prize per Sponsor branch will be awarded pursuant to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning a grand prize are dependent on the number of eligible entries received by the Sponsor at each branch during the Sweepstakes Period.
9. TAXES & COSTS: Federal, state, and local taxes on the grand prize, if any, and all other associated costs or expense are the sole responsibility of the Winner. An IRS Form 1099 and other tax-related forms and documents may be issued by the Sponsor if required by law.
10. RELEASE & INDEMNIFICATION: BY ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE TO RELEASE AND SAVE, DEFEND, HOLD HARMLESS, AND INDEMNIFY SPONSORAND ITS PAST, PRESENT, AND FUTURE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, ATTORNEYS, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, MANAGERS, REPRESENTATIVES, ASSIGNS AND SUCCESSORS IN INTEREST, AND ALL PERSONS ACTING BY, THROUGH, UNDER OR IN CONCERT WITH THEM (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”), FROM, AND SHALL PAY, ANY AND ALL LIABILITIES, OBLIGATIONS, DEFICIENCIES, DEMANDS, DAMAGES, CLAIMS, SUITS, ACTIONS, CAUSES OF ACTION, ASSESSMENTS, FINES, TAXES, FORFEITURES, PENALTIES, LOSSES, FEES, COSTS, AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES), WHETHER KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, CONTINGENT OR VESTED, MATURED OR UNMATURED, AND WHETHER OR NOT RESULTING FROM DIRECT OR THIRD PARTY CLAIMS, WHICH DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RESULT FROM, RELATE TO, ARISE OUT OF, ARE IN CONNECTION WITH, OR ARE ATTRIBUTABLE TO ANY OF THE FOLLOWING: (A) THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE GRAND PRIZE; AND/OR (B) PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY SWEEPSTAKES RELATED ACTIVITY (WHICH SHALL EXPRESSLY INCLUDE, BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO, ANY MISREPRESENTATION MADE BY YOU IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, ANY NON-COMPLIANCE WITH THESES OFFICIAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS, ANY THIRD PARTY CLAIMS RELATING TO YOUR INVOLVEMENT WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES). THE FOREGOING INCLUDES, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY CLAIM FOR PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY LOSS, DAMAGE, OR DEATH ARISING IN ANY WAY IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES.
11. GENERAL CONDITIONS:
• By entering the Sweepstakes, you agree (a) to be bound by these Official Terms and Conditions and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final in all respects; (b) that your submission cannot be used by you (or third parties) for any commercial purpose other than to enter this Sweepstakes; and (c) to be contacted by Sponsor via telephone or email.
• Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to: (i) disqualify from this Sweepstakes any participant it finds, in its sole discretion, has violated these Official Terms and Conditions, entered or attempted to enter the Sweepstakes more than the permitted number of times, or tampered with the submission process, the operation of the Sweepstakes, or any other aspect of this Sweepstakes; and (ii) modify, cancel, or suspend part or all of this Sweepstakes in the event that human or technical errors, printing errors, tampering, fraud, unauthorized intervention, technical failure, or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, or proper play of the Sweepstakes. In the event the Sweepstakes is cancelled, suspended, or discontinued for any reason, Sponsor may award the grand prize based on Sweepstakes information collected up to the time of the Sweepstakes’s cancellation or suspension.
• The Sponsor shall not have any obligation or responsibility, including any responsibility to award the grand prize, with regard to: (i) submissions that contain inaccurate information or do not comply with or violate these Official Terms and Conditions; (ii) submissions, votes, or grand prize claims or notifications that are lost, late, unintelligible, damaged, delayed, destroyed, misdirected, garbled, incomplete, illegible, or are otherwise not received by the intended recipient, in whole or in part, due to computer, human, or technical error of any kind; (iii) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, an entry, or any incorrect or inaccurate transcription of submission information; (iv) participants who have committed fraud or deception in entering or participating in the Sweepstakes or in claiming the grand prize; (v) any problems or technical malfunctions of the Sponsor; (vi) any inability of the Winner to accept the grand prize for any reason; or (vii) the inability to award all or any part of the grand prize due to errors, delays or interruptions due to Acts of God, natural disasters, terrorism, weather or any other similar event beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control.
• By entering this Sweepstakes, you release the Released Parties from any and all liability for any accident, loss, tax liability, injury, death or damage of any kind, arising from your participation in this Sweepstakes or in any Sweepstakes related activity, or resulting from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the grand prize, or while traveling to and/or from a location as part of or to obtain or use the grand prize.
• You acknowledge that the Released Parties have neither made (and are not now making) nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to or relating to the grand prize, including, but not limited to, any express warranties provided by the manufacturer or its affiliates, the warranty of merchantability, and/or the warranty of fitness for a particular purposes. The grand prize is provided “as is” and the Winner assumes all risk associated with the grand prize.
12. GOVERNING LAW: These Official Terms and Conditions shall be governed, construed, and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Rhode Island without regard to its conflict of law principles, and all claims arising out of or relating to, in any way, these Official Terms and Conditions, or the breach thereof, whether sounding in contract, tort, or otherwise, shall also be governed, construed, and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Rhode Island, without regard to its conflict of law principles.
13. VENUE: By entering the Sweepstakes, you agree that any legal action or proceeding relating to this Sweepstakes shall be brought in a state court of general jurisdiction, or a federal court, located in Providence County Rhode Island, and that you irrevocably consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of any such court in any such action or proceeding, and waive any objection to venue based on forum non conveniens or any other basis for objecting to venue in such court.
14. JURY WAIVER: BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU HEREBY VOLUNTARILY, KNOWINGLY, IRREVOCABLY, AND UNCONDITIONALLY WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO HAVE A JURY PARTICIPATE IN RESOLVING ANY DISPUTE (WHETHER BASED UPON CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE) ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES.
15. DAMAGES: Any and all claims, judgments and/or awards in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be limited to actual damages incurred in connection with such Sweepstakes not to exceed $100. Sponsor shall have no liability for, and participants hereby waive all special, indirect, exemplary, punitive, incidental and consequential damages. Each Participant hereby waives all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Sponsor is not responsible for illegible, unintelligible, late, lost or stolen entries; for incorrect or inaccurate entry information; or for any typographical, technical or human errors which may occur in the processing of any entries in this Sweepstakes.
16. ENTIRE AGREEMENT: These Official Terms and Conditions constitutes the entire agreement between participant and Sponsor and there are no representations, oral or written, relating to the subject matter hereof which have not been incorporated herein.
17. NO WAIVER: No failure on the part of Sponsor at any time to require performance by a participant of any term hereof shall be taken or held to be a waiver of such term or in any way affect Sponsor’s right to enforce such term, and no waiver on the part of Sponsor of any term hereof shall be taken or held to be a waiver of any other term hereof or the breach thereof.
18. SEVERABILITY: Any provision of these Official Terms and Conditions which is prohibited or unenforceable shall be ineffective to the extent of such prohibition or unenforceability without invalidating the remaining provisions hereof.
20. WINNER LIST: For the names of the Winners of the Sweepstakes, please email marketing at peoplescu dot com within thirty (30) calendar days following the conclusion of the Sweepstakes.