Breadcrumb page navigation
People's Credit Union's 8th Grade Scholarship
People’s Credit Union awards one 8th Grade Scholarship in the amount of $1,000 to a deserving student in each city/town we have an office. Scholarships will be paid out to each winner after completion of their senior year of high school. Scholarship winners will be judged on demonstrated academic ability and achievements, leadership skills, personal character and a desire to help others.
Eligible Applicants Must:
- Be a People’s Credit Union member
- Be a graduating student of the 8th grade in 2017
- Be considering attending a college, university, or vocational school, upon graduation from high school
- Complete a People’s Credit Union scholarship application and essay
Scholarship Payout Policy:
Scholarship will be paid upon proof of acceptance and enrollment in a post high school educational facility. Reasonable attempts to notify winners will be made to obtain proper paperwork in order to process scholarship award. Scholarship could be forfeited if the Credit Union cannot make contact with recipients and/or parent/guardian.
Scholarship application and essay must be submitted to People’s Credit Union by Friday, May 12th.
Cooperative Credit Union Association College Scholarship
The Cooperative Credit Union Association will be awarding eight $500 college scholarships this year to full-time students currently enrolled in or accepted to a college or university undergraduate program for the 2017 school year. Students who are a member of People’s Credit Union or whose parent(s) or guardian are a member are eligible.
- The applicant must be a full-time student currently enrolled in or accepted to a college/university undergraduate program for the 2017 school year
- The applicant or parent/guardian must be a member of People’s Credit Union
- Students must submit the following items with their completed applications. All items requested must be received in order for the application to qualify for consideration:
- Completed Cooperative Credit Union Association Scholarship Application Form (in black ink)
- Academic transcript
- 250 word essay describing what career the student wishes to pursue upon completion of their education and why
- Detailed list of volunteer and community activities
- Letter of support from a person in authority at a non-profit organization, hospital, or other charitable organization that they student isactively involved in serving as a volunteer
The deadline for the 2017 CCUA College Scholarship has passed.